Celebrating Over 50 Years of Service
An Overview Of Workers’ Compensation Benefits Under The New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act
At Nusbaum Stein, P.A., our attorneys have decades of experience in representing injured workers. We help our clients obtain the maximum workers’ compensation benefits to which they are entitled under New Jersey law. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your work-related injuries.
Three Types Of Benefits
There are three specific benefits that an injured worker may be entitled to receive. It is important to identify which of these benefits you may be entitled to and then to pursue authorization for these benefits under the law.
- First, you may be entitled to receive medical treatment for your work-related injury. Under the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act, an injured worker may be eligible to receive reasonable, necessary and related medical treatment for compensable, work related
- Second, you may be entitled to receive temporary disability benefits. These are payments made to the injured worker who is unable to work, while receiving treatment for a compensable work injury. There are specific criteria under the laws that need to be met in order to be eligible to receive these payments. So, it is important to determine as soon as possible if you meet these required elements in order to receive these benefits promptly.
- Third, you may be entitled to an award of permanent disability benefits if, after treatment is concluded, you still have permanent functional loss or restrictions as a result of your work-related injuries. Permanent disability may be total or partial in nature. This means that, even if you are able to return to work, you may still be entitled to receive payment of permanent disability If you are unable to return to any form of work, then you may be entitled to permanent total disability benefits.
Again, there are specific medical and legal requirements that must be met under the law for you to be eligible to receive any of these benefits. Therefore, it is important to speak with a knowledgeable, experienced attorney so that you know your rights and how to best protect yourself and your family.
Benefits For Dependents
Under the New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Act, dependents of an injured worker may be entitled to payment of benefits, if the injured worker died as a result of a work-related accident, injury or condition. If you have lost a loved one due to a work-related condition or injury, we invite you to contact us to discuss whether you or your family may qualify for dependency benefits under the law.
Examples Of Injuries
Our lawyers have represented clients who have sustained injuries from a wide range of incidents, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Repetitive motion activities
- Fatal workplace accidents
Based in Succasunna, New Jersey, our staff is bilingual in English and Spanish. Contact us through our website, or call 973 306 4000 to schedule a free consultation.
Request A Consultation
You’re straight and to the point. No B/S. No dancing around answers to my questions. In my favor or not.
You always listen and understand the issues and my questions. You explain and answer without confusion. You are a straightforward, personable lawyer and person.
I would and already have recommended you to friends, if they required an attorney because of your expertise and knowledge of the law. Also, you made the long often drawn-out process of a workers’ compensation claim as quick and painless as was legally allowed.
Get Answers to Your Legal Questions
At Nusbaum Stein, P.A., solving your legal problem is our top priority. To speak with one of our attorneys, call our office in Succasunna, New Jersey, at 973 306 4000, or contact us through our website.